The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 Days (DAY 22):
59. “The Breakfast Club” (1985)
Five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.
Emillio Estevez—Andrew Clark
Paul Gleason—Richard Vernon
Anthony Michael Hall—Brian Johnson
Judd Nelson—John Bender
Molly Ringwald—Claire Standish
Ally Sheedy—Allison Reynolds
“The Great” John Hughes
Facts about the this movie:
* Opening Weekend: $5,107,599
* Gross: $45,875,171
* “So I can vote” line was improved
* Emilio Estevez was originally going to play Bender.
*Molly Rigwald really wanted to play Allison
*John Hughes insisted that cast and crew eat their meals on set (Maine North High School Cafe)
*The joke Bender tells while crawling through the ceiling was ad-libbed and there was no punch line
*The title of the movie came from a nickname that came from students and staff at John Hughes son’s school.
*Nicolas Cage was originally considered for the role of John Bender, but they could afford his salary at the time.
*John Cusack was originally cast as John Bender, but John Hughes when with Judd Nelson.
*John Hughes wrote the screenplay in just two days.
*Rick Moranis was originally going to play the janitor, but left because of creative differences.
*A cut subplot was of Principal Vernon watching some women using the school swimming pool.
*Other working for the movie were: “The Lunch Bunch“and”Library Revolution”
*Judd Nelson made up the terms “Neo-Maxi Zoomdweebie.”
Hughes almost fired Nelson because of his negative attitude towards Ringwald, but Paul Gleason convinced Hughes that Nelson was a great actor and was merely trying to stay in character
*It was originally suggested that they have several sequels to ”The Breakfast Club”
*Shot entirely in sequence.
*Jodie Foster was considered for the role of Clarie and Brook Shields for the roll of Allison
* Hughes and Nelson never got a long, which is why they every work together after “The Breakfast Club”. It Also way they never did another “The Breakfast Club” and Yes, there was talks about doing another one.
Why I Picked this movie #59:
1.Great young Cast
2. Good Story.
3. Awesome dialog.
5. One of the movies that started teen movie theme.
6. Has some of the most memorable quotes in film history.
7. Has some of the most memorable scenes in film history.
8. It was John Hughes for the 1980’.
9. It was to what it is like to been a teenager in the 1980’s.
10. Real life.
First time seeing it:
I was it on the afternoon TV movies on channel 50.