The Movie Review Guy Best Movies for 2013
Dec 31, 2013
The Top 80 movies from the 1980's in 80 Days (DAY 11) :
70. “License to Drive” (1988)
A teen decides to go for a night on the town with his friends despite flunking his driver's test.
Corey Haim—Les Anderson
Carol Kane—Mrs. Anderson (Les’ Mom)
Richard Masur—Mr. Anderson (Les’ Dad)
Heather Graham—Marcedes Lane
Nina Siemaszko—Natalie Aderson (Les’ Sister)
James Avery—Les’ DMV Examiner
Facts about the this movie:
*Movie’s budget: $8,000,000
*Total Movie Gross: $22,433,275 (USA)
*They purchased nine different Cadillacs to make this movie.
*The VHS versions of the movie had replaced the Nia Peeples song “Trouble” with INXS song “New Sensation”. No reason was given for the switch. The DVD dose have the song “Trouble” by Nia Peeples.
*In an interview on Larry King Live on the day of Corey Haim’s death. Corey Feldman said, Him and Haim were developing a sequel, titled “License to Fly” and had made tentative plans for a trilogy with a third installment, titled “License to Dive”.
Why I Picked this movie # 70:
2. Great cast chemistry.
3. Mom and dad were really funny.
4. The two Corries (Corey Feldman and Corey Haim) work great together, even if they were not fully all their. They show the kind they could have, but just imagine if they were full al their and used all of their talent.
5. It has a young, smoking hot Heather Graham and she funny.
6. Good story.
7. Real funny and great dialog.
8. It’s a funny look at a crazy situation.
9. All the sub characters were has funny, as the lead characters.
10. Some great action scene with cars.
First time seeing it:
a. I was this at my home town movie theater, by myself.
b. I think this is of one of first movies I saw at the movies more then once.